Saturday 27 February 2010

How the working class live...

I don't understand why everyone my age looks so shocked when I say I work. I suppose they see Saturday as an extension of Friday; a chance to nurse a hangover, then go out and get rat faced all over again, prostituting themselves to any random bloke they meet. And they look at me strangely.

Working gives me a bit of freedom, and independence. I have money, I can go out should I choose. I don't need to beg my parents for cash. Yes, there are times I'm bored witless, wishing I could go out like the rest of them, but most of the time, I actually enjoy it. I talk to people from the community, most of them elderly, who like a friendly face and a chat, help customers find what they need. It gives me a real sense of job satisfaction.

My 'rents are driving me nutty. One minute their fine, but the next? All I wanted was chips with my curry, and they act like I've just pulled out a handgun!
"No, 'cause then you'll be starving yourself all next week, thinking you're fat!"
GOD ALIVE!

Anyhow, I'm going to watch Supernatural all night tonight, until tomorrow morning. Should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment